As anti-corruption laws and their enforcement continue to develop and expand throughout the Asia Pacific region, local anti-bribery authorities are increasingly active in their enforcement efforts. This is most obvious in China where there has been a significant increase in enforcement actions against multinational companies alleged to have paid bribes in the course of carrying out business in the PRC.
On the 25th and 27th of November 2014, Mr Martin Tupila and Mr Andrew Kan co-hosted an anti-corruption and internal investigation seminar with Epiq Systems and Fangda Partners in Beijing and Shanghai covering:
1. The international anti-corruption environment
2. Recent anti-corruption developments in China
3. How to determine the scope of the investigation and the preliminary work plan
4. Conducting effective interviews
5. Collection and preservation of evidence
6. How to conduct a cost-effective document review via eDiscovery tools and technology
Both events were well received by a range of attendees including legal counsels, internal auditors, compliance managers and chief risk officers.