Mat is an experienced Insolvency Practitioner and Forensic Accountant and heads the Insolvency Management team at JLA. Mat has more than 20 years experience in insolvency management, corporate restructuring, forensic accounting and litigation support. He started his career working with the Official Receiver’s Office in Hong Kong and then moved to specialist insolvency firms in Hong Kong and Australia.
Mat has conducted insolvency assignments in Hong Kong, the PRC, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Australia and Samoa of various high profile companies or estates with substantial assets.
Mat has also acted as an Expert Witness to assist the court in various forensic accounting and litigation support assignments.
Mat is fluent in English and Chinese (Putonghua, Cantonese and Shanghainese).
- Fellow of the HKICPA (Specialist Designation in Insolvency)
- Fellow of CPA Australia (Specialist in Insolvency and Reconstruction)
- Practising associate of the Academy of Experts (UK)
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (USA)
- Chairman, Executive Committee of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the HKICPA
- Member, Hong Kong Deposit Protection Board
- Director, INSOL International
- Member, Admission Committee for Official Receiver’s Panel A Scheme
- Member, Sub-Committee on Companies and Insolvency Matters of the Civil Court Users’ Committee
- Queensland University of Technology, Bachelor of Business – Accountancy (with Distinction)