A Hong Kong resident since 1988, John has many years of forensic accounting, corporate workout/turnaround and insolvency management experience in the Asia Pacific region.
John has assisted in the turnaround of numerous listed public and numerous private companies in Hong Kong, and has conducted insolvency assignments in Hong Kong, Australia, the PRC, the BVI, the Cayman Islands, Malaysia, Samoa, the Cook Islands, the Philippines, Singapore, Korea and Japan, including an appointment as Liquidator in Hong Kong of a PRC State Owned Company. John has been appointed as Administrator of Hedge Funds and Brokerages in Hong Kong on the application of the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong. He has also handled a number of complex personal bankruptcies and individual voluntary arrangements and has been appointed as Administrator of two Deceased Estates
In investigation, asset and fund tracing and litigation support matters, John has assisted a wide range of private sector clients including law firms, corporations and financial institutions, and has also worked extensively with government agencies including the Department of Justice, the Independent Commission Against Corruption, the Hong Kong Police and the Official Receiver’s Office.
John has been retained to analyse, interpret, summarise and present complex financial and business-related issues. His engagements have included areas such as asset tracing and recovery, partnership and shareholder disputes, valuation of companies, insider dealing, share valuations, share price manipulation, money laundering, intellectual property licensing disputes and misappropriation of company assets. An experienced expert witness, John regularly presents his findings as evidence to the Courts.
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Practising)
- Member and Past President, INSOL International
- Practising member of the Academy of Experts (UK)
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (USA)
- International Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy
- Director and past President of the Turnaround Management Association Hong Kong Limited
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Hong Kong Securities Institute
- Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute
- Director of the Hong Kong Chapter of the Risk Management Association
- Member of the Hong Kong Venture Capital and Private Equity Association